Fort Myers by Night Forums In-Character Changeling On the Subject of Clarity

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by FatherRipley FatherRipley 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    FatherRipley
    FatherRipley
    Participant

My dear freehold,

Allow me to preface what I am about to say by first telling you that I am deeply touched that you welcomed me as you did into your freehold, and I am honoured to be a member and the Autumn monarch. In my many years in changeling society, I have never before come across a braver or more tightly knit freehold. Even the newest members were willing to place themselves in harm’s way to rescue Keagan. The heart and spirit your group displayed has been truly inspiring.

That said, the clarity of the group members is — forgive my bluntness, but this is too important to be delicate — appalling. The group is unfocused, undisciplined, and several of your grasps on reality are tenuous at best. I do not mean to be insulting, but for your own safety we must face the facts:

Some of your are showing signs of difficulty telling the mundane world from the hedge. Bobby was allowed to contact Others in the hedge over a mobile phone. When I arrived, the Autumn crown was resting atop a “pumpkin spice latte”. Your previous Blackbird Bishop kept a stash of mind altering substances in her room. And the wisdom of keeping a stolen camel in one’s hollow while trying to keep a low profile requires a longer discussion that I intend to have on this forum.

I have heard that there is a sad history of local changelings losing clarity, starting with the unfortunate Siblings. It is a tradition that I intend to break.

That is why I am decreeing that focusing on restoring your clarity shall be our highest priority. I expect all of you to work hard at it. Please know that I am here to help and will do everything in my power to help you. I will meet with each of you individually to work on a plan to build up your clarity.

Things are bad, but don’t worry. I’m going to save you.

Truly Yours,

Father Ripley

bewarethewerebadger
    bewarethewerebadger
    Participant

Bullshit.

You all have to listen, things aren’t what they seem. Sing a song of sixpence, a pocket full of rye. Four and twenty blackbirds baked in a pie.

That isn’t what I mean to say. I have to warn you: When the pie was opened, the birds began to sing; wasn’t that a dainty dish to set before the king?

Damn it. What is happening?

I’m going to try again: The king was in his counting house, counting out his money. The queen was in the parlour, eating bread and honey. The maid was in the garden hanging out the clothes, when down came a blackbird and pecked off her nose.

Fuck. That’s not what I mean to say. What’s happened to my words? I need to warn you.

-Keagan

JeffH_US2008082730
    Participant

Monarch,

I already told you that they weren’t The Others because they said they weren’t. Sorry, I don’t want to sound mean, but you’re kinda dumb. I keep having to repeating stuff to you.

Keagan,

Warning received loud and clear. I won’t let anyone take my nose. My grandpa used to take it all the time, and it was terrible.

-Bobby

StormMage
    StormMage
    Keymaster

Hello, Father Ripley!

It’s so pleasant to have someone cultured to communicate with. Have you taken the Autumn Crown? My boon companion, Clockwork, would appreciate it if I relayed a message in response:

I am alive – shattered and made free!
    A schneekugel, again, I will not be!
    The gears whisper of magnet and spring.
    All Hail Jack, the Pumpkin King!

To translate, I believe he’s making references to this song. It may have been a bad idea to show it to him, as he’s connected being broken with having freed himself from the Others. He would also like the Pumpkin Spice Latte to have the crown returned to it as the rightful holder of the Autumn Crown.

Could you please clarify your intent?

Thanks!

Click-Clack
    Companion to Clockwork
    Dragon

FatherRipley
    FatherRipley
    Participant

Many thanks to Keagan, Bobby, and Clockword for so vividly demonstrating the point I was attempting to make. I see we have our work cut out for us.

Yours,

Father Ripley

(OOC: omg, I love you guys.)

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by FatherRipley FatherRipley.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.